Two men were arrested early this morning, arising from a disturbance on a residential street in Paradise.
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary received the call around 4 a.m., with a report that there may be weapons involved.
Patrol members arrived and arrested a 26-year-old man for possession of a weapon, property damage and breach of court orders.
A second man, 33 years old, was arrested for breaching court orders. Both men were held in custody until court appearances.
Meanwhile, around 11:57 p.m. Sunday, RNC officers were called to a robbery at a Thorburn Road business. Two men entered the premises and demanded money and cigarettes. The pair fled with a quantity of items.
Patrol members were assisted by K-9 and Forensic Investigation Services members. This investigation is continuing.
Also in the latest RNC overnight report, police are investigating several other incidents that occurred Sunday.
• At 3:55 p.m., RNC officers responded to the report of threats in Seal Cove. A 65-year-old man was arrested and charged with uttering threats. He was held in custody for court in the morning.
• At 3:56 p.m., RNC officers responded to the area of the Main Road in Conception Bay South to a report of an impaired driver.
• A 32-year-old man was arrested and subsequently charged with Impaired driving and driving with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit. He was released to appear in court at a later date.
• At 5:30 p.m. officers stopped a vehicle in the area of Topsail Road, Mount Pearl. Upon investigation a 23-year-old woman was detained and charged with impaired driving and driving with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit. She was released to appear in court at a later date.
• Around 9:09 p.m., RNC oficers responded to a motor vehicle collision on Water Street in St. John’s.
• As a result a 28-year-old female driver was charged with impaired driving and operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit. She was released to appear in court.
• At 8:30 p.m. Police responded to a disturbance at a Mount Pearl residence. A 37-year-old man was arrested for assault and breach of court order. He has been held for court.
• At 11:20 p.m. police responded to an alarm at a Cconception Bay South drug store. Patrol members discovered the business had been broken into.
The RNC said it appears a quantity of items were stolen, including medications. The matter is still under Investigation. Police are asking that anyone with information concerning this matter call police or Crimestoppers.