Comments

Comments

• Jack
    September 18, 2013 - 13:30

@ Wildrose only civil servants making $93k are in mgmt and exec not union! The avg union salary is the reverse of that... $39k

• david
    September 18, 2013 - 11:08

Luckiest timing ever!!...she wasn't about to add a strike to her already plummeting poll numbers, so this deal was getting done at any and all costs....after all, its not her money.

• Steve
    September 18, 2013 - 09:26

It's important to note that Newfoundland's inflation rate rose at a flat rate of 7.1% from 2009-2012. A 5% raise over four years DOESN'T EVEN COVER RISING INFLATION. What a joke.

• Trina
      September 19, 2013 - 07:43

What a Joke Indeed!!!!

• Trina
      September 19, 2013 - 07:44

What a Joke Indeed!!!!

• Trina
      September 19, 2013 - 07:46

What a Joke Indeed!!!! The gov't paid employees are the lowest paid employees in the province.

• stripes
    September 18, 2013 - 08:33

Pensions should be based on actual employee and employer contributions made over the time of employment, and managed by a seperate entity. No government or business can sustain Unfunded pension plans for eternity.

• Heard before
    September 18, 2013 - 08:24

Just watch, give them 5% now and take back 8% in pension next month. 5% over 4 years is not much considering how prices have increased. It's the lower paid that keeps us going. The higher paid spend their money in Cuba, DR, FL etc

• Eli
    September 18, 2013 - 08:20

Furlong said if negots didn't go well she'd ask for arbitration. Dunderdale and Kennedy would have come out second best on that. Both got the message!

• Wild Rose
    September 18, 2013 - 07:26

The union's are runing this country. The goverment should get rid of the union's and let the private sector run things more cheaper and more iffecent than the unions! I'm sick of civil servants making $93,000 for sitting around doing nothing. And the big union bosses don't care because they are rich and they hate the rich. We are being taxed to death and I have to pay %60 taxes!

• JJT
      September 18, 2013 - 07:57

I suppose you're in favour of eliminating the minimum wage, too? Why should anyone get paid a decent wage? With a name like "Wild Rose" I would assume a link to Alberta... I don't like paying so much for oil and gas but a lot of the people working in that sector would laugh at $93000 a year.

• Derrick W
      September 18, 2013 - 08:21

Hey Wild Rose......... Which civil servant is making $93,000 a year ?? I only make $48,000 and I dont sit around doing nothing by no means

• santo
      September 18, 2013 - 09:14

Wild Rose, I am a civil servant, and I DO NOT make $93,000 a year, I don't even make $40,000 a year! you think we are all rich? You think we do nothing? There are many days I don't have time to pee!! Get a grip, this is not 25 years ago. You need a degree now a days just to get a clerical job with the Government. Why do you think everyone is going away? The Government pay sucks big time. I thought I was sent when I hooked a Government job, boy was I wrong. Looks like I won't even get a decent pension out of it. Oh, and I pay taxes too, imagine that!!!

• Wild Rose
      September 18, 2013 - 09:26

People in Alberta work hard. It's called the ALBERTA ATTITUDE and they don't expect the goverment to do every thing for them! That's why their winners! And if you're going to sit around all day giving out welfare checks or sling coffee because you cant be bothered getting a real job,I you should be paid what the market will pay. You're right minimum wage is big business and big unions telling businss men telling what to do. Work hard like me and you will be rewarded without unions! It's the ALBERTA ATTITUDE!

• Colin
      September 19, 2013 - 07:45

Wild Rose, you want Government to step in and do away with the right to freedom of assembly? Well, you can be as big government/ Nanny state as you want, but, me, I prefer freedom. Keep begging the Government to fix your problems for you I guess. That doesn't seem very "Alberta Attitude" though. Seems communist.

• Colin