Electrical fire at Crescent Collegiate quickly extinguished

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

RCMP

A small electrical fire at Crescent Collegiate in Blaketown this morning was confined to a mechanical room and quickly extinguished, according to the RCMP in Whitbourne.

Principal Michelle Chislett contacted the RCMP around 9:23 a.m. to report the fire. The RCMP said, as a precaution, staff at the school also initiated their fire safetly plan, safely and effectively evacuating students who were sent home for the remainder of the day.

There were no injuries and no other damage to the school. RCMP members provided traffic control and are investigating the fire. The Seaside Fire Department also responded.

Organizations: RCMP, Fire Department

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments