Comments

Comments

• JJ
    October 15, 2013 - 20:10

Excessive speeding is a big problem, I agree. Glad to see them cracking down on it. Another HUGE problem, however is the people on the outer ring road who are driving at 70 km/h. On a fine day between the morons speeding and the morons crawling, there is sometimes a 50-100 km/h speed differential. This is extremely dangerous. Couple that with the vast number of people who don't know how to properly merge or exit a highway and you have a recipe for the disasters that you see almost daily on that stretch of highway. RNC and RCMP: keep up to the good work ticketing speeders and aggressive drivers, but consider handing out tickets for obstruction as well. If a driver can't drive the speed limit on a fine day he or she shouldn't be on the road.

• Tom
    October 15, 2013 - 10:08

Listen up folks. During my Canadian Forces stay in Germany I often had the pleasure of driving the Autobahn in a rented BMW at 160km/hr which is the norm over there. Upon driving our outer ring road I decided a long time ago that the quality of that road and those that drive on it in no way supports anyone doing the speed limit let alone 172km/hr. Take the drivers license away and send the vehicle to the crusher.

• Jack
      October 15, 2013 - 12:00

The Outer Ring is often referred to as the Outerbahn ....for good reason it seems! Rarely ever use that road and not because of the quality of the road but because of the quality of drivers!!

• Driver_83
    October 15, 2013 - 09:37

Well this clearly says that the ring road is a race track! And we need more Police cars on present!! The should have these speed traps set up a lot more often!! I try to avoid the ring road whenever possible but when I do travel it I drive at 100. The funny thing is, at 100 km/hr, I can't even keep up with the flow of traffic!!! Its brutal. Stick 4-5 cops on this road every day!!!

• Dennis
      October 15, 2013 - 10:44

100 km is too slow and 160 km is too fast, what makes the autobahn safe is the drivers not the road, boy.

• Dolf
      October 15, 2013 - 20:05

Better if drivers obeyed the law 83. Like Tom, I drive the ORR at 100 on occasion and I guarantee everything in my rear view mirror will pass me. No exceptions.