Here are some of Bonnie Belec’s tweets (@BELECBONNIE) from Friday:
• Crown (prosecutor Lloyd Strickland) going over night of Ann Marie Shirran’s death. After he (Folker) found her on the floor he cradled her. Blood on her body and on floor.
• Folker says he threw sneakers away but not the clothes he was wearing. Despite cradling her and lifting her in tub never got blood on him.
• Folker said he wrapped Shirran in blankets to conceal her after Crown suggests Folker didn’t want to get blood in car.
• Defence objects (to) line of questioning about length of time dead and presence of blood on his clothes and sneakers.
• Defence says line of questioning speculative.
• Folker cleaned up blood in kitchen and admits he looked over clothes but didn’t see any blood.
• Crown asks Folker to show again how he killed Shirran.
‰ Crown asks if Shirran said anything during altercation that led to her death. Folker said she didn’t.
• Crown suggests Shirran was going to cut their son out of his life on the night of her death. Folker denies it.
• Folker said Shirran never said anything to him about custody.
• “If she didn’t leave you were going to make her leave.” False, he says.
• Crown says Folker attacked Shirran from behind and struck her head, hit her so hard cracked her skull. False, he says.
• Killing her is exactly what you intended to do, says Crown. False, Folker replies.
• Crown says Folker methodical afterwards to cover up lies. Says Plan A is as much a lie as Plan B, which was self-defence.
• Defence objects to suggestion of self-defence and jury asked to leave the room.
• Back to events. Did you feel in danger night of altercation? No.
• Crown asks, did you feel in serious harm? No, not serious harm, Folker says.