Comments

Comments

• anonymous
    January 28, 2014 - 16:39

I have been going back and forth the last few months with kidney problems, I am made to wait in the ER waiting room at times for hours and then when I get inside, usually treated with disdain and indifference. On the floor is completely different, they couldn't be better, but, in the ER, they need to be retrained. There are some good nurses there I will say that, and some very good doctors, but, for the most part the nurses need to be retrained to learn how to triage properly and keep the druggies and drunks waiting while people like me with serious kidney problems, and pregnant women, and people with heart problems are seen first and as quickly as possible.

• SimilarSufferer
    November 08, 2013 - 09:48

I suffered a similar scenario back in 2011. At 15 weeks pregnant, I was in excrutiating pain and was bleeding. My husband took me to the ER and we had to sit in the middle of an emergency room full of people for hours before being seen. I was inconsolable, in terrible mental and physical pain and I felt that my public suffering was cruel and unusual. I so wish that I had been able to go to the Case Room - at least there I would have felt some sense of privacy during such a devestating time. I will never forget that experience. On top of it all, when I finally met with the doctor she told me there was nothing they could do for me, besides give me a prescription to help me "eliminate" the pregnacy, and was told to go home and wait it out. I, too, went to the bathroom in the ER before heading home and passed my pregnancy into the toilet. There is no way to describe what happened. You literally walk away from all your hopes and dreams and into an emergency room full of people gawking at you. I get chills when I recount it all.

• Anom..
    November 07, 2013 - 14:12

As I was 10 weeks pregnant and started to cramp and bleed I phoned the er asking if I should go in as I was in quite alot of pain and this was a pregnancy right after my first miscarriage. I told theperson on the phone the situation and he replyed to me to not bother coming in , most pregnances end in a miscarriage ( as i already knew) and to flush whatever came out down the toilet. Needless to say in a time I was already heartbroken, him saying this shatterred me. But my first miscarriage after waiting 5 hours, I was admitted and the nurse thatnight was very compassionate. As for the nurse in the morning she was very cold and pushy. Very stern. I dread getting pregnant again, but I dread dealing with the er if anything was to unfortunitly happen again

• Tim Jamison
    November 07, 2013 - 12:27

Too bad we can't have HMOs here. I'd pay extra money for better care during pregnancy for my better half, but we have what we have and everyone starts waving the flag mindlessly every time it's questioned, so enjoy. There's only so much money that can be dumped on health care and we're already dumping 40% of total revenue on it and it's still getting more expensive. Keep waving that flag though. That'll make you feel better

• Wise Up
    November 07, 2013 - 10:33

See what the abortion mentality has done. It forces people to think that a pre-birth loss is nothing to be mournful over. It has people think the baby is nothing but a lump of cells to be flushed. While not abortions, people seems to treat miscarriages the same way. People should know better. Shame!

• J
    November 07, 2013 - 09:01

I think that if you are pregnant and coming into the ER no matter the issue you should be seen right away, that amount of time waiting in the room could be very crucial. I was 18 weeks pregnant throwing up very dehydrated weak and had to sit there for 4 hours to get seen...shouldn't be allowed..

• Where else?
    November 07, 2013 - 08:13

Where would these women prefer to have their miscarriages?

• S Bennett
      November 07, 2013 - 09:14

Perhaps not in the middle of a crowded emergency room.

• Jen
      November 07, 2013 - 18:42

Your comment is awfully cold....you must be one of the workers who have treated these poor ladies in the emerg dept. Try putting yourself in their shoes and feel their pain. There should be a unit designated for those under 20 weeks who can help deal with the transition. Or any other issue a pregnant women under 20 weeks may have.

• Marie
    November 07, 2013 - 07:18

The er nurses have no clue how to triage at all. I went there with intrnal bleeding and did not see a doctor until 24 hours later while the drug addicts and drunks got seen and gone before me. They are totaly clueless. The doctor and nurses there do not follow policy as this story shows. The ER is for life and death not because you have a headache.