“We just couldn’t seem to reason with him, and we could not get any help, no matter where we turned — from counsellors, to friends, to police, to lawyers — there was nothing anybody could do.”
Juliane, murdered by an estranged boyfriend on Oct. 15, sits with her father Phillip in this family photo.
Exclusively in Saturday’s Telegram, the parents of Juliane Hibbs — killed Oct. 15 with her fiancé Vince Dillon by former boyfriend Brian Dawe — speak publicly for the first time about the tragic events that led up to the murder, and how the system failed their daughter and lets victims slip through the cracks.
- Read more special articles:
- RCMP respond to Telegram stories about Dana Bradley murder investigation
- Man claims he witnessed Dana Bradley murder
- ‘The guy is the real thing’
- ‘There’s nothing left I can do,’ says man convinced he witnessed murder