Comments

Comments

• Notowell Am.
    September 25, 2014 - 01:38

When I hear or read articles like this it just breaks my heart and brings back alot of bad memories.Part of my life I rarely talk about but I know the fear that someone can instill in a person,I have been there I have felt it,and unless you go through something like that you have no idea what Julianne was dealing with,The fear is unbelieveable and to constantly told everyday you are worthless,I will kill you and no one know.You are living in constant fear and looking over your choulder every minute of everyday.....It is really sad that the police did notdo more,maybe if they have intervened earlier maybe it would have been a different outcome.You do not know..Anyways hopefully now Juliane can find the peace that she could not find down here on earth.... R.I.P. Juliane he will not hurt you anymore...

• Lesley Ross
    November 11, 2013 - 14:43

I agree there should be more services available for families in situations like this. Teenagers so often are greatly influenced by people like Dawe and need protection. I am very sorry for your loss. Thank God for the last two years you had together.

• Joshua Barnes
    November 09, 2013 - 22:16

How can school officials and parents not have the power to invoke a police response in the case of such obvious abduction? It is not right that Juliane’s father blames himself for taking her back to school. There should be no threat in attending school. Obviously, authorities failed to help young Ms. Hibbs when there was a clear violation of her personal safety.

• sharon mccleese
    November 09, 2013 - 21:29

my dear sweet cousin Vincent Dillon I will miss you deepley

• Rosemary Rousselle
    November 09, 2013 - 19:40

Sorry for your loss. Sad to know that this ended with such tragedy. It's hard enough to loose a child, but even worse under these circumstances. I thank you for sharing your story, cause I know it's not easy for you. I hope your story bring public awareness to these type of people, who for some reason are above the law and take advantage of venerable people. My daughter started out on a similar path as your daughter and it is a life long struggle to keep her from people like Mr. Dawe.

• Cassie daumie
    November 09, 2013 - 19:16

Tragic story could be any family and I guess it is more common than we think. The law only applies to those who keep it....so sad.

• Glenys Dunn
    November 09, 2013 - 17:32

Broke my heart to read of your anguish....... May our Heavenly Father give you His peace.......

• Cassie Daumie
    November 09, 2013 - 15:52

Such a tragic story and there must be something we can do to prevent this from happening again or do we have to continuing saying the law only applies to people who obey it....so sad.

• Joe Scanlon
    November 09, 2013 - 15:35

one plus one does not make two

• seanoairborne
    November 09, 2013 - 14:21

If this had happened in Texas this jerk would have been walking around without a shadow a long time ago!RIP young lady!God Bless!!

• s richards
    November 09, 2013 - 14:06

this is so sad!

• Unknown
    November 09, 2013 - 13:06

I feel so terribly for this family to have to endure this terrible tragedy. I know from several experiences with an ex partner of over 6 years (me being older as well) that these situations don't often get taken seriously in the eyes of the authorities. I know after a 6 year battle I am still batteling with hopes that it will never get to this point. Upon several times of contacting the RCMP they say "we'll what do you want us to do?" "I want you to be a police officer and do your job!" I can't imagine what this family is going through I hope through thoughts and prayers they can deal with this difficult time.

• Coalition Against Violence
    November 09, 2013 - 10:38

To say this entire ordeal has been heart wrenching for the Hibbs family cannot begin to describe what they have endured. It is so sad to watch this type of behaviour play out time and time again when young women interpret jealousy, possessiveness and control as love. It is the opposite of love! If something doesn't feel right in your gut, it's likely not right. This family is sacrificing their privacy to help educate others - please learn about the dynamics of abuse so you can protect yourself.

• Kimberly Flight (Wilson)
    November 09, 2013 - 08:44

My heart goes out to all the families/friends affected by this fatal incident.