Comments

Comments

• EDfromRED
    November 12, 2013 - 15:58

I'm starting to think the RNC is just a tool of the PC's. They don't want bad publicity, so downplay the occurrence of a public shooting. They don't want to be embarrassed, so ignore concerns that a report on the sex trade was not released.Maybe because they get so much money protecting the PC's 24/7 they are desperate to keep them happy? They should change their name to the: PC's-RNC.

• Glenn
    November 12, 2013 - 13:40

Why is there no indication to whether or not the police have the suspect in custody?? Seems like a huge piece of the story to miss you think?? We to assume the shooter is still at large?

• Ed
    November 12, 2013 - 13:35

Will this shooter ever be caught? There was a shooting earlier this year on Boyle Street, just off Forbes Street (and close to The Telegram), and I never heard if he was caught. Is this now a different shooter, or is it the same shooter? The public has a right to know.

• Derek
    November 12, 2013 - 10:11

Why is it we hear all about these incidents on the front end when they happen but rarely hear the end result when they go through the courts??

• Redgrave
      November 12, 2013 - 10:59

Most courtrooms are open to the public. Take a day trip downtown, and check out what our courts are doing for yourself. No one will spoon feed you every detail of events. Let the RNC do their job!

• Townie
      November 12, 2013 - 12:54

You would likely get sick to your stomach to see what lack of justice is brought down in most court rooms in NL. It's not too often that someone is found guilty of a crime and sentenced appropriately. This individual will likely only doa fraction of the time that fits the crime before he is thrown out the door and placed on the "known to police" list...AKA "Yeah, he's a trouble maker. But I'd really rather go get a coffee than deal with him." With the amount of new recruits graduating from the program at MUN it amazes me how few police you actually see out around. I've even had to request extra patrols in my area on times due to issues....although I've yet to see a car patrol when a request has been made. Something needs to change around here fast!

• Townie
      November 12, 2013 - 13:32

• kent
    November 12, 2013 - 09:10

"The RNC says it appears this was a targeted act of violence and there appears to be no threat to public safety".... I guess the RNC never heard of stray bullets...

• santo
    November 12, 2013 - 08:53

What's with all the guns around? Why does it seem like all the unstable people out there manage to get their hands on guns? I bet this address was known by the police. Maybe there should be a law stating that if there is known violence in the household, all guns must be surrendered. Violence seems to be getting to be a little to frequent around here. Why can't the police do more? I don't believe it's because they don't want to, I believe it's because they can't. How long before someone unstable, who owns a gun, decides to visit a local school? Or a shopping mall? It is happening here, in our "safe" province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

• Barb
    November 12, 2013 - 07:55

"...and there appears to be no threat to public safety".... no arrests have been made so there's an armed lunatic roaming free, but it's not likely you'll find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time should this lunatic decide to shoot someone else. How is that not to be considered a threat to public safety?

• Douglas
    November 12, 2013 - 05:17

I remember a time where there weren't any weaponry in St. John's. In fact, I dont think there was even a single knife on the entire island or nuthhin, not even in the kitchens. Now the young crowd are acting like this is the wild west. I cry Shame!

• Susan
      November 12, 2013 - 12:17

I remember years ago when a Marie Mini Mart was held up with a butter knife. My how things have changed. And sorry, if they don't have the person or persons responsible for the shooting the YES there is a threat to public safety.