McCann leaving Great Big Sea

Sean McCann is leaving Great Big Sea.

Séan McCann — Submitted Photo

McCann has posted on Facebook that this will be his last tour with the band.

“I fully intend to enjoy every f--ken second and leave the stage with nothing but LOVE in my heart,” McCann wrote. “So come on out to say goodbye....and save the Last Dance for Me.”

Organizations: Great Big Sea

Comments

Comments

• Gail Pells
    January 27, 2014 - 12:48

I am heartbroken. GBS is my favorite band, the only one I've seen three times. I LOVE their harmonies and spirit and voices. They play beautifully off one another and losing any one will diminish the whole. That said, no one can know the inner dynamics of the men and the group, so I wish them all well and continued success in whatever musical endeavors they choose to follow and create.

• Alicia Loughrey
    November 29, 2013 - 13:05

• Alicia Loughrey
    November 26, 2013 - 11:10

I was sad to hear Sean is leaving GBS as he is one of the original members but 20 years of travelling on the road is a long time especially with a young family. All the best in his future endeavors~Celeste :)

• tracey
    November 15, 2013 - 16:08

Im sure they will have continued success with out him... im not a big fan of him anyways .. he is an arrogant man.. no offence to any other band member but Doyle is the man who made the band who they are....

• Elizabeth Hall
    November 15, 2013 - 00:13

Sean I am sorry to see you leaving Great Big Sea. You are so good in Great Big Sea. I will neaver forget you. good luck min what you do

• Blair
    November 14, 2013 - 21:33

I congratulate GBS on their long successful career, I am delighted to see the Nfld. group do so well, unfortunatelly I so not like the group, mostly because of Alan Doyle's voice which in my very personal opinion needs changing as much as his haircut. Even John Lennon and the rest of the Beatles changed with time. With this member leaving I hope this promps more changes and I hope the group has continued sucess.

• LAURA
    November 14, 2013 - 16:42

...AND THEN THERE WERE TWO!