One island to another: Westjet will fly St. John’s to Dublin

WestJet has announced a direct flight to Dublin, Ireland from St. John’s.

The airline will offer daily flights from June 15, 2014 to Oct. 5, 2014, along with flights to the Emerald Isle from Toronto.

Flights will leave St. John’s at 11:15 p.m. and arrive in Dublin 7 a.m. (local time) the next day. Returning flights will leave Dublin at 8:20 a.m. and arrive in St. John’s at 9:55 a.m. (local time).

Introductory one-way fares start at $199, taxes fees and charges included, pending government approval.

“It is an exciting time for WestJet as we bring our unique brand of low fares and award-winning guest experience to a whole new market,” said Chris Avery, WestJet vice-president of network planning, alliances and corporate development, in a news release. “From Dublin, guests can access low-cost flights to more than 100 cities in Europe.”

Organizations: WestJet

Geographic location: Dublin, Emerald Isle, Europe

Comments

Comments

• Lorraine
    June 21, 2014 - 11:55

Great news...we'd have extended our travel plans to, NF, if having learned of this sooner. Already, planning a return trip to visit to include, Ireland! :)

• Michael O'Byrne
    November 22, 2013 - 16:37

I live in Ireland and would love to travel to Newfoundland and also buy some tickets for a family member and find that tickets are not as cheap as Chris Avery States. I find that the cheapest I can source a return flight is circa CAD 647 return. Newfoundland is a beautiful location and these flights are so so welcome but tempt us with cheaper flights from Ireland as you know we are living through tough times here where every euro counts.

• marion priddle
    November 18, 2013 - 06:45

This is great news,love to go to Dublin

• abby
    November 17, 2013 - 11:37

Wow, a lot cheaper than what i paid to go from deer lake to toronto and they ruined my suitcase on return trip and haven't acknowledged it yet.

• Leo White
    November 15, 2013 - 16:46

Great News. Hope to take advantage of this offer. LW

• margaret smith
    November 15, 2013 - 13:22

wonderful news, I fly to NL every year from Ireland and it would be brilliant to have the direct flight instead of going to London then flying back over Ireland. I would in the queue for a ticket

• D
    November 15, 2013 - 13:20

I just booked my flights a few minutes ago before I read this article. I'm now left wondering if "pending government approval" will leave me having to pay for those tickets if this offer is "NOT APPROVED" by government? Would anybody happen to know?

• Jack Miles
    November 15, 2013 - 12:02

Fantastic news! If you fly WestJet to Dublin and then connect to the rest of Europe on any of the airlines based there, including Ryanair, you'll save at least 50% off what Air Canada charges. Or just stay in Dublin and hang out in Temple Bar!!!!

• Brad
      November 15, 2013 - 21:23

Personal exerpeince: Ryanair isn't what it is cracked up to be, if anything happens (whether its you fault or the airlines fault) they will do NOTHING for you. Had this happened when the plane had to divert and we were scrambling trying to get transportation to the destination.