Comments

Comments

• April
    November 27, 2013 - 09:43

Mr. Howell is just another complainer. Sure go ahead and file a complaint with the RNC, but your wasting your time and the precious time of the RNC. Does Mr. Howell think that the police have nothing better to do!!! Next year Mr. Howell STAY HOME!!!!!!!!

• KR
    November 27, 2013 - 06:29

I don't think you can bubble wrap your kids. There are going to be dangers out there and you have to teach your kids how to be safe around them. The Keystone Kops were entertaining, and we loved them! The shriners is a wonderful organization, and I trust that they take every safety precaution possible. I hope they enter the parade again next year!

• Katy
    November 26, 2013 - 11:18

People need to step back - literally and figuratively. Can the Keystone Kops hurt someone? Absolutely. Anyone standing in front of the barricades or on the street shouldn't be there in the first place. Stay on the sidewalks and behind the barricades and the chances of being hurt by a dancer, clown, float or Keystone Kop drop to nearly zip. Let your kids stand on the road, and you're putting them in harm's way.

• Jay
    November 26, 2013 - 10:05

Give me a break! The chicken littles of the world have taken over. Last month it was another idiot, complaining about inspections on the floats. Maybe they should just cancel the parade to satisfy the lunatic fringe. If you're that scared, lock your children up, and keep them at home. I'm sure there are risks there too.

• Kama
    November 26, 2013 - 08:22

The Keystone Kops are my favourite part of the parade and I watch for them every year. I think the drivers are careful about what they are doing and are well used to those vehicles. Mr. Howell should be more concerned about parents not watching their kids and letting them run out into the road.

• prufock
    November 26, 2013 - 08:12

Why focus on the Shriners, everything in that parade COULD pose a risk. You have horses that could kick or trample, dogs that could bite, trucks that could go out of control. Maybe a drummer will lose a stick and take somebody in the eye. Jon has it right, the risk of getting into an accident ON THE WAY to the parade is higher than getting mowed by a Keystone Kop.

• Ba Humbug
    November 26, 2013 - 08:11

Is this guy for real? They've been involved in the parade for eons. Has there ever been an issue? If he's really that concerned he should stay home and let everyone else enjoy the parade.

• Ba Humbug
    November 26, 2013 - 08:10

• Melissa
    November 26, 2013 - 08:03

The Keystone Kops have been in the parade for as long as I can remember, which is at least 25 years. Get over it!

• karen n
    November 26, 2013 - 08:03

i think the key stone cops are great ,, myself and my kids were standing on duckworth street in the war memorial area ,, the ppl around was cracking up with joy and laughter to see the karts and cars of the keystone cops going around . the drivers are fully use to driving these cars and karts every year at the parade,, and i feel they got the upmost safety in mind as they travel the parade routes,,even though i must say on the turns of some of the go karts tghey came close to the ppl but i can voutch the fact also that the ppl were on the rioad and not on the sidewalk where they were suppose to be,, instead alot of ppl were out too far and usually they were told to move back ,, so i dont blame nothing on the keystone cops for doing such a tremendous job every year making ppl laught at the parade. the ppl should learn to stay off the street as any other person should do when it comes to traffic flow .

• Guy Incognito
    November 26, 2013 - 07:52

As they were doing doughnuts inches from the kids I was waiting for someone to get hit. Nobody questions their good intentions, but it is scary to wach.

• Jon
    November 26, 2013 - 07:47

I am 30 years old and still have memories of looking forward to this part of the parade the most when I was a child. You take a risk with everything you do when you step outside your door. Driving your child to the parade was probably more of a risk than the keystone kops themselves. If you feel this is a risk, leave your kids at home. Can't do anything these days and you have people like Ron Howell complaining that "Won't someone please think of the children?!". Give me a break. Time to start bubble-wrapping our kids and leaving them indoors to appease people like this.