Comments

Comments

• Foghorn Leghorn
    December 13, 2013 - 10:14

People .... relax it is only a skating park !

• Darrell
    December 13, 2013 - 10:12

What a nice additon to the city. Great job everyone and I can't wait to take my family for a skate on the loop. Absolutely love it.

• mike
    December 13, 2013 - 09:50

@ Heather Rose Russell. Get a grip for God sakes, how using the name The Loop mocking the Trinity Loop what an STUPID thing to say.

• JJ
    December 13, 2013 - 09:21

I believe the council is looped

• Sally
    December 13, 2013 - 09:05

I think this is a great idea. There's not a whole lot for the children to do during the winter months and it will bring life back to Bannerman Park where I spent alot of time as a child. Regardless of the name of the ice trail (which I have absolutely no problem with) I believe the benches, lights and music are a nice touch as well. Can't wait to see it!

• Heather Rose Russell
    December 13, 2013 - 08:34

As an ardent railway buff, I'm not sure how the name of the skating rink at Bannerman Park will sit with me and my fellow railfans. In September 2010, Hurricane Igor destroyed the Trinity Loop which was part of the Bonavista Branch railway line, the Government won't or can't come up with money to repair it and turn it back to the amusement park it was for 20 years, and here is the City of St. John's mocking us by calling this skating rink "The Loop." Please change the name.

• PD
      December 13, 2013 - 16:56

@Heather Rose Russell. Yes, you're absolutely right. The name was picked just to mock the Trinity Loop. Stop writing stupid things. Maybe it's named a "loop" because that's what it is! The name is perfect. Duh, some people!

• Noel and Sandra Conway
    December 13, 2013 - 07:55

Now we won't have to go to Ottawa to skate the canal....thanks to the "Loop" we will be looking forward to joining our many skating friends at the park. Thanks to all who have made this possible. Regards

• paul
    December 13, 2013 - 07:45

The Loop shouldn't have been used. We already have a Loop - the Irish Loop.