Lieutenant Governor announces New Year’s levee for Wednesday afternoon

Lt.-Gov. Frank F. Fagan and his wife, Patricia Fagan, will host the traditional New Year’s Levee Wednesday afternoon at Government House in St. John’s.

Government House in St. John’s. — Telegram file photo

The formal reception that is open to the public will run from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

“We are extremely pleased to host this traditional event and invite the people of Newfoundland and Labrador to visit Government House,” Fagan stated in a news release.

“As this is our first year at Government House, we look forward to welcoming guests to our first New Year’s Levee.”

Organizations: Government House

Geographic location: Newfoundland and Labrador

Comments

Comments

• Guy Incognito
    December 30, 2013 - 13:15

Collosal waste of money. "We are extremely pleased to host this traditional event and invite the people of Newfoundland and Labrador to visit Government House" For an hour and a half?????? How much money did it cost to pull this off?? Yeah, i'm sure the average NL'er will be in line for that visit. *sign* Rich people and their hobbies...

• Guy Incognito
    December 30, 2013 - 13:14

• Your Tax Dollars at Work
    December 30, 2013 - 09:56

$1.5 million per year to pay and house a political appointee. Government's priorities need a rethink.

• Edmund
    December 30, 2013 - 09:52

What a total waste of time and taxpayers money. They should take the millions of dollars that they waste on this position and the likes of Fagan and give it to the poor. To have hippocrites like the Fagans involved is disgusting. Pompous arses all of them. I don't think I will be there !!!

• Tim
      December 30, 2013 - 11:03

Edmund - interesting point. Fagan has done more in this lifetime regarding charity work and giving of his time than you would likely do. Drop by for a cup of tea and a chat. My guess he would be more than happy to hear your grievances.

• Jay
      December 30, 2013 - 11:13

Edmund, Well said. The sense of entitlement that these elitists have is unbelievable. It should be stopped immediately.

• Shocked
      December 30, 2013 - 12:41

Edmund - I think you should read Mr. Fagan's biography and see all of the volunteer work he has accomplished over his lifetime. How you can call him a hypocrite is beyond me. Maybe you think he's cutting into your social service cheques? I think you should get all of your facts straight before you start throwing stones. I don't think anyone would want you at the Government House, you can stay at home and keep your negativity to yourself. I for one will be going!!!!

• Edmund
      December 31, 2013 - 14:18

Sir or Madam, Why didn't you print my reply comments to Tim & Shocked about their ill informed comments about me so I could defend my good name and your readers would know that my comments are valid? To leave their comments without allowing my rebutal is slanted and poor journalistic professionalism.