Robbery spree suspect pleads not guilty

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Woman accused of targeting 10 businesses over three days in 2012

A woman accused of robbing several businesses in the St. John’s metro area over the course of a few days told a judge Monday morning she’s not guilty.

 

Lynn Ann Noseworthy. — File photo by Rosie Gillingham/The Telegram

Not guilty pleas were entered in Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court on Lynn Ann Noseworthy’s behalf by lawyer Jason Edwards, with Justice Wayne Dymond presiding. Edwards appeared on behalf of Noseworthy’s lawyer for the case, Scott Hurley.

Crown prosecutor Elizabeth Ivany, appearing on behalf of Crown lawyer Dana Sullivan, told Dymond the case will require a four-week trial. 

Noseworthy, who is not in custody, was arrested on Nov. 2, 2012. It’s alleged that between Oct. 31 and  the day of her arrest, Noseworthy attempted to rob 10 businesses in St. John’s and Mount Pearl. She allegedly left some of those businesses with stolen cash. The businesses in question include gas stations, convenience stores and pizzerias.

The 36-year-old faces 20 charges in all — five counts each of robbery and attempted robbery, plus 10 counts of concealing her identity while committing a crime by covering her face. 

A preliminary inquiry took place earlier this year. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Feb. 27. The case will return to Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court on March 3 to set trial dates.

arobinson@thetelegram.com

Twitter: @TeleAndrew

 

 

•••

(Earlier story)

Accused in 2012 robbery spree pleads not guilty

A woman accused of committing robberies at several businesses in St. John's and Mount Pearl over the course of three days is pleading not guilty to all charges she faces.

Lynn Ann Noseworthy, 36, is facing 20 charges in all related to incidents that took place in the fall of 2012. She faces five counts each of robbery and attempted robbery and 10 counts of concealing her identity by covering her face while committing a crime.

Jason Edward entered the not guilty pleas on Noseworthy's behalf. He appeared in court on behalf of Scott Hurley, the lawyer representing Noseworthy. She was released from custody in November 2012.

A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Feb. 27. Her case returns to Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court on March 3 to set dates for the trial.

Organizations: Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments