Woman accused of targeting 10 businesses over three days
A woman accused of robbing several businesses in the St. John’s metro area over the course of a few days told a judge Monday morning she’s not guilty.
Not guilty pleas were entered in Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court on Lynn Ann Noseworthy’s behalf by lawyer Jason Edwards, with Justice Wayne Dymond presiding. Edwards appeared on behalf of Noseworthy’s lawyer for the case, Scott Hurley.
Defence lawyer Jason Edwards talks with Lynn Ann Noseworthy in Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court. — Photo by Rhonda Hayward/The Telegram
Crown prosecutor Elizabeth Ivany, appearing on behalf of Crown lawyer Dana Sullivan, told Dymond the case will require a four-week trial.
Noseworthy, who is not in custody, was arrested on Nov. 2, 2012. It’s alleged that between Oct. 31 and the day of her arrest, Noseworthy attempted to rob 10 businesses in St. John’s and Mount Pearl. She allegedly left some of those businesses with stolen cash.
The businesses in question include gas stations, convenience stores and pizzerias.
The 36-year-old faces 20 charges in all — five counts each of robbery and attempted robbery, plus 10 counts of concealing her identity while committing a crime by covering her face.
A preliminary inquiry took place earlier this year. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Feb. 27. The case will return to Newfoundland and Labrador Supreme Court on March 3 to set trial dates.