Due to severe ice conditions in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and in the Strait of Bell Isle, the Department of Transportation and Works has revised the schedule for the Sir Robert Bond ferry in order to avail of ice breaker assistance.
According to an advisory issued by the department late today, the schedule will remain in place until further notice.
The new schedule begins Friday and is as follows:
· Depart Corner Brook March 7 for Blanc Sablon at 7 a.m.
· Depart Blanc Sablon March 9 for Corner Brook at 7 a.m.
· Depart Corner Brook March 13 for Blanc Sablon at 7 a.m.
· Depart Blanc Sablon March 15 for Corner Brook at 7 a.m.
· Depart Corner Brook Monday, March 17, and every Monday thereafter
· Depart Blanc Sablon Wednesday, March 19, and every Wednesday thereafter.
The advisory says departure times are subject to change and is dependent on ice conditions.
“The Department of Transportation and Works apologizes for any inconvenience to ferry users and appreciates their patience and co-operation during these adverse weather conditions,” it says.
Reservations or information for the MV Sir Robert Bond service can be obtained by calling CAI Nunatsiavut Marine at 1-877-896-7075 within Canada, or 1-506-858-9963 internationally, or by visiting www.labradorferry.ca.
Information can also be found at www.tw.gov.nl.ca/ferryservices/.