Workers clear snow from the worksite at the extension to the St. John's Convention Centre following a heavy snowfall in February. — File photo by Keith Gosse/The Telegram
The city of St. John’s is advising motorists to find different routes in the downtown area starting Sunday.
New Gower Street eastbound — both lanes — will be closed between Barters Hill and Queen Street beginning 7 a.m.,
Sunday, until Friday, March 21 to facilitate work on the St. John’s Convention Centre.
“Motorists are advised to use alternate routes and expect significant delays,” says the release.
- Read more special articles:
- City of St. John’s eyes Victoria Park for revitalization
- Planning committee OKs public hearing for Blackmarsh development
- St. John’s crews can handle spring storms, says mayor
- SA to demolish downtown buildings ASAP
Fur further information contact Access St. John’s at 311 or (709) 754-2489.