Two men from Ontario were arrested in Corner Brook on Friday and both have been charged with extortion.
According to the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, an initial complaint was filed on Feb. 28 concerning an allegation of extortion. The two men were arrested near O’Connell Drive Friday without incident.
Both made court appearances by teleconference on Saturday. The 23-year-old is charged with breaching probation in addition to committing extortion, while the 25-year-old in custody is facing a lone count of extortion.
- Read more special articles:
- Update: Woman charged in Felix Cove incident to appear in court today
- Felix Cove man dead; woman in custody
- UPDATE: Arrest made in George Street stabbing
- Child porn charges dropped against Clarke’s Beach man
The two men were remanded in custody Saturday and are scheduled to appear in Corner Brook Provincial Court on Monday.
Anyone with information about this matter is asked to contact the RNC at 637-4100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) and www.nlcrimestoppers.com.