Fire leaves Carbonear residents temporarily homeless

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

The Canadian Red Cross is assisting Carbonear residents forced to leave their apartments Wednesday because of a nearby fire.

Carbonear Fire Chief Ed Kavanagh is seen walking past a smoke-filled scene on Water Street Wednesday afternoon. The former Bond Theatre caught fire that afternoon. fire.

The former Bond Theatre was reduced to rubble by the flames. Safety concerns related to smoke and vehicle access left at least half-a-dozen residents in two adjacent buildings temporarily displaced.

The Canadian Red Cross is providing food, clothing and temporary lodging for two adults and two children from two apartments. Others have managed to make their own arrangements.

Organizations: Bond Theatre, Canadian Red Cross

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments