Comments

Comments

• A experienced industeral mechanic
    May 16, 2014 - 14:31

I had a good laugh when Danny Dumaresque came on the ntv news and blamed nl hydro for buying dirty lower quality fuel oil. Which cloged the fuel oil strainers causing the boiler to in quote, (draw up base oil) from the turbine leading to its bearing failure. Having worked on thermal units like holeyrood for years, the fuel oil for the boiler has absolutley nothing to bo with the lubrication oil system of the turbine. Its so funney when some one rants on national news about somthing that they have no clue about.

• Dolf
    April 26, 2014 - 07:52

Anybody notice how Nalcor is using the media to supposedly soften the blow of future outages? Hate to say this but the media is swallowing it hook, line, & sinker.

• Guy Incognito
    April 25, 2014 - 16:16

Ed Martin needs to go. His name has been forever soiled. He will go down in infamy with Williams, Dunderdale, Kennedy and friends. The group that bankrupted Newfoundland.

• a business man
      April 26, 2014 - 09:46

What you fail to realize is that some people might want Newfoundland to go bankrupt. I am one of those people, and I welcome bankruptcy because it will lead to more favourable business conditions for me. SO if you show me a politician who will bankrupt Newfoundland, I will vote for them, donate to their campaign, and encourage others to vote for them. Just as I did with Dunderdale, Williams, and other politicians that have view that support my business interests.

• watajoke
    April 25, 2014 - 14:28

as donald would say in this situation, ed "you're fired!

• H Jefford
    April 25, 2014 - 11:05

Are all the small power stations around the island working like the seal cove power plant that just had a new flume built for it, or the topsail beach power plant, there are many, many more small plant all around the island ,seal cove topsail, petty Hr. there are a lot of Hydro powered plants all around the island that could be used for stand by power!

• Scott
    April 25, 2014 - 08:29

Dwight Ball said it was poor planning on there part. Ok Dwight, give us the liberal plan concerning issue like those. Or is it something the liberal plans concerning the fishery?

• Ken Collis