A 29-year-old man from Bay Roberts was arrested early this morning for multiple traffic offences, after a single-vehicle crash in which a female passenger was injured.
Trinity Conception RCMP responded to the collision around 2:30 a.m. on Badcock Boulevarde in Bay Roberts.
The vehicle was unoccupied when the police arrived and a short time later, the female passenger was found with serious, but non-life threatening injuries. The male driver from Bay Roberts was located nearby shortly after the crash.
The woman was transported to hospital by ambulance.
The RCMP said the driver provided samples of his breath and was over the legal blood alcohol limit. He remains in custody and will appear in Harbour Grace Provincial Court today. He is facing charges of impaired driving causing bodily harm, driving with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit, mischief (property damage) and taking a motor vehicle without consent of the owner.
- Read more special articles:
- Company charged for purchasing whelk
- Warrant issued for no-show student charged with bringing gun to school
- Ministers can toughen vandalism sentences: Justice critic
- Three men facing serious charges following fight in Marystown