The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary was involved in a car chase Wednesday night in St. John's that ended with two men being arrested.
RNC news 9
In its overnight report, the RNC said around 11:20 p.m., officers attempted to stop a vehicle in the Kenmount Road area travelling at a very high rate of speed.
The vehicle failed to stop and was pursued by police until the driver abandoned it in the Thorburn Road area.
A 36-year-old man was arrested for dangerous driving, flight from police, driving while disqualified and breaches of court orders.
- Read more special articles:
- Company charged for purchasing whelk
- Warrant issued for no-show student charged with bringing gun to school
- Ministers can toughen vandalism sentences: Justice critic
- Three men facing serious charges following fight in Marystown
He was held in custody for a court appearance this morning. The vehicle was impounded.
With the assistance of the K-9 Unit, a 39-year-old man was also arrested a short time later for several breaches of court orders. He was also held in custody for a court appearance this morning.