It was a quick court appearance for Philip Pynn on Tuesday.
Pynn made was in provincial court for an alleged assault on Jason Peddle that took place on June 10 at Her Majesty’s Penitentiary in St. John’s.
Pynn, 28, is at HMP awaiting the start of his trial for second-degree murder in the shooting death of his friend, Nick Winsor. Winsor was killed at a home on Portugal Cove Road in the capital city on July 9, 2011.
It’s not the first trouble Pynn has found himself in since being sent to the Pen. He has also been implicated in a riot at the prison over the winter.
- Read more special articles:
- Pynn-Butler trial postponed again
- Murder trial witness has doubts about details
- Murder victim was seen with shotgun, witness tells Pynn-Butler trial
- Accused murderer appeared anxious days after shooting
Pynn’s next court appearance will be on July 31 when he will appear in relation to the assault and the riot charges.
His murder trial is set to take place this fall.