A Deer Lake man on house arrest and a woman have been charged with drug-related offences after RCMP officers searched a residence in the west coast town Saturday.
Two people charged after marijuana seized in Deer Lake by the RCMP. — Photo submitted by the RCMP
Derrick Cross, 54, and the 48-year-old woman were arrested at the home after the search uncovered 4 1/4 pounds of marijuana.
Cross, who is currently subject to house arrest, has now been charged with possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
- Read more special articles:
- RNC seeks help to locate missing St. John’s man
- UPDATE: Missing teens located
- UPDATE: RCMP arrest two young offenders for careless use of firearm
- RNC investigating another house fire in St. John’s
Cross was held in custody for a court appearance.
The woman also faces a charge of possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking and was released from custody to appear in provincial court on Oct. 7.