HazMat team responds to chlorine gas leak

Staff ~ The Telegram
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Two workers were taken to hospital and then released while emergency and fire services closed a section of road in the east end of St. John's after an industrial chemical spill Wednesday.
Robin Hood Bay Road was closed between East White Hills Road and Logy Bay Road while authorities investigated a gas leak at the Newco Metal and Auto Recycling metal salvage property.

The HazMat team responded to a chlorine gas leak on Robin Hood Bay Road Wednesday. — Photo by Rhonda Hayward/The Telegram

The workers came in contact with the substance after a cylinder containing chlorine gas was punctured during metal recovery operations.

The road was closed, but the RNC said there was no cause for public concern. A hazardous materials team from the St. John's Regional Fire Department was at the site.

 

Organizations: Regional Fire Department

Geographic location: St. John's

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments