East end house fire quickly contained

Keith Gosse
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

No injuries

A cozy night by the fireplace turned a little more dangerous when homeowners on Winthrop Place discovered smoke in their home and called the St. John's Regional fire department near midnight.

Shortly after firefighters arrived, they spotted smoke coming from the eaves and deployed a hose into the home. There they finally located a fire inside a wall near the fireplace. Firefighters quickly opened up the wall and extinguished the fire.

The front room containing the fireplace suffered fire, smoke and water damage while the rest of the house sustained smoke damage.

There were no injuries.

Geographic location: Winthrop Place

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments