Search in waters off Flatrock

Keith Gosse
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

RNC says no evidence found to suggest a vehicle entered the water

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary says a search that began Wednesday night in the ocean off Flatrock for a possible vehicle that had gone over a cliff has ended.

The RNC Tweeted this afternoon, there was no evidence located to suggest a vehicle had entered the water.

A Canadian Coast Guard ship was seen sweeping a searchlight across the dark waters off Flatrock Wednesday night, following a report that a car may have gone over a cliff in the area.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary and the Torbay volunteer fire department were also participating in the search which began in the area of Red Head Road.

Cst. Geoff Higdon of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary confirmed they responded to a report of a vehicle going off a cliff shortly after 6 p.m. The Canadian Coast Guard has been taking part in the investigation at the request of the RNC.

The RNC said in its overnight media release this morning, patrol members responded to the area to speak to the witness and check the area for a possible vehicle.

It said there had been no update to this file as of 4 a.m. this morning.

 

Organizations: Canadian Coast Guard

Geographic location: Flatrock

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments