Finance Minister Tom Marshall delivered a nearly $8 billion provincial budget Tuesday, April 24, 2012 that held the line on levels of spending and investments in key areas of health care, education and infrastructure, while carrying a deficit of $258.4 million — lower than previously forecast.
Fears of large job losses in the public sector also failed to materialize with only about 45 temporary positions expected to be eliminated this year. Stories, photos and videos produced by Telegram reporters and photographers covering the Budget.
For graphics on Budget 2012, click NUMBERS.
For Budget 2012 slideshow, click Photos.
- See our report
- Business-as-usual budget
- Budget was not the doom and gloom predicted
- ‘Stay-the-course budget’
- CHBA-NL applauds budget
- A budget caveat
- Government invests in ‘Republic of Doyle’
- UPDATE: Health-care spending up by $100 million in budget
- Not a ‘slash and burn’ budget: Marshall
- Minister not buying new shoes
- $664M to Nalcor creates more questions than answers
- - January 29, 2015
- - 19 h 00
I am ashmed to be a newfoundlander amd ashmed to have our 1st female premier. we want danny back!!!!!!!