The Telegram’s coverage of the failure of the dam holding back waste from the former Gullbridge copper mine was contained in a number of articles. The dam at the mine site, found between South Brook and Badger, broke open on Dec. 17, 2012 and released mine waste into the surrounding environment, threatening the water supply of South Brook.
- See our report
- Water supply on watch after mine waste released
- Tailings dam was being reinforced
- South Brook residents wait for word
- Information blackout
- Dam went more than a year without repairs before failure
- Province shoulders mine waste response
- South Brook benefits from quick lab work
- Water ban lifted in South Brook
- - November 29, 2015
- - 19 h 00
Seriously, is there anyone under the impression that there is any actual "preventive maintenance" schedule for any single thing in the is province that is followed and carried out? As long as overseeing bodies are incompetent, finanicailly broke, and ultimately unaccountable, which is very much status quo / expected norm in Newfoundland, don't bother to feign surprise.