Comments

Comments

• jason
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

Anyone that has hit a moose can tell you that most times you dont even see them before impact. I hit one a few years ago and he ran out of the woods a pretty much full speed. I was light out and I was doing less than the speed limit as it was raining a little. Caught him in the corner of my eye and before I even had time to react he was into the side fender and up over the car. I had 3 passengers in the car and only one had seen the moose before impact and didnt even have a change to yell moose. I consider myself very carefull driver.

What needs to be done is more moose licenses issued in trouble areas, Street lighting installed in hightraffic and troubles areas like outer-ring Road and Pitts Memorial to CBS or moose fences installed in these areas.

• Steve
    July 02, 2010 - 13:30

I agree something needs to be done and lights on the outer ring, pits memorial are a good start. We could use wind turbines to power those lights.

• Sailor
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

While I sympathize with what Mrs. Stoyles and Mrs. Duff and their families have gone through, I feel that neither she, Mrs. Duff nor oher members of any council should be using their positions as members of city/town councils to promote their private cause. Mrs. Stoyles for example has already managed to get a meeting with Ms. Johnson while the average probably would never get a meeting. Councils are for council business and not for personal crusades.

• Enough Private
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

Make this a voters issue, not a personal vendetta. Too many little people are attempting to dictate changes to our lives with little to no recourse by the people. Laws need to be presented to the population for a general vote before they are passed otherwise these laws, regulations and acts are nothing more then the desires of the few. The majority want our say in all things that directly impact us and our daily lives. Failing to gain the support if the majority is imposing the minorities unsupported beliefs onto everyone with a complete disregard for the democratic process. In other countries that is considered treason, and should be here as well.

• Taxpayer ll
    July 02, 2010 - 13:19

People need to become better drivers. It is horrible when someone gets injured in an accident, but this is not the fault of the moose. If people would learn to look furhter than the hood ornament on their car there would be far less moose collisions, in my opinion.

• Bob
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

Fear not. Action will be taken to correct this issue. Johnson, Dunderdale and Hedderson are taking it under advisement right? How do you spell check back in four or five years.

• Maurice
    July 02, 2010 - 13:18

Hi Lucy;I feel bad for your Daughter & others who have had run-ins with moose,but its like our 'Outer-Ring-Road',or the roller coaster road as some call it, none of those things get look-at,until someone with well-known-background gets hurt or killed: Crosbie,Stokes,Pratt,or Williams,nothing gets done!,& every year the Goverment cuts back in moose licences? Keep-on-trying-girl!,who knows 'someone in Goverment might wake-up!

• jason