Ontario provincial police (OPP) said they will release information today surrounding the criminal investigation into "irregular financial transactions" involving government ministries and outside vendors.
Officers from the OPP raided several ministries Thursday as part of their probe into these activities.
Police are being tight-lipped on the investigation, and wouldn't expand on the allegations or if charges are pending.
An OPP spokeswoman said officers will need a lengthy amount of time in order to figure out the scope of the investigation.
"If the evidence proves that charges should be laid then charges will be laid, but at this point we really don't know what's happening," said Supt. Angie Howe.
On Saturday, a senior government source said the investigation did not involve elected officials.
"No politician or political staff is involved," said the government source who had been briefed on the investigation, and who also believed police were looking into more than one ministry.
OPP media officials have said the force's anti-racket branch is conducting the investigation.
The raid took place around a group of government buildings known as the Macdonald Block in downtown Toronto, which includes several ministries and offices such Energy and Infrastructure, Education, Consumer Services among others.
The Ontario Realty Corp. also has its offices in the complex.