Comments

Comments

• dan d man
    April 05, 2011 - 02:27

Ignatieff and Layton spent all of last year calling down the armed forces and accusing our soldiers of war crimes just to get some sicko politico points ....I will never vote for them after they accusations they brought against Rick Hillier ..calling him a liar and all that based on the testimony of some half whacked Afganee immigrant..

• Docron
    April 02, 2011 - 12:10

It took the 3 opposition parties 5 years to think of a way to defeat the Tories, by having the majority of members on the committe that recommended a comtempt vote, one would have to be a brain dead Liberal not to think it was only a matter of time for this vote to come. If you want to see unemployment wait until you have a Liberal or NDP Government, employers will be moving jobs south like they did under the last Liberal government.

• Laura
    April 02, 2011 - 11:55

What's this about all star canadiates. They are all recycleables. They are suppose to be melted down, and turned into something else.

• libsforprez
    March 31, 2011 - 10:14

i don't think NL'ers are ignorant enough to elect any CONservatives. I would be embarrassed to live in a riding where I was represented by a lying, contemptuous Con. Education, health care and pensions over prisons and jets thank you very much.

• Harper is a scum bag
    March 31, 2011 - 10:10

I doesn't take a scholar to figure out why Fabian Manning gave up over $100,000 a year salary until he turns 75 to run in the election. He got the plum job as senator on the condition that he would resign and run for the Harper Tories in the next election. It just shows what kind of a flunkie he is for Harper. He turned his back on Newfoundland before and he'll do it again, heaven forbid if Harper wins a majority. You have been warned.

• Townie
    March 31, 2011 - 10:06

"The fact that Fabian quit his senate job doesn't tell me that he is a politician, it tells me that he is an arrogant moron." Is there a difference? ;)

• Justin
    March 31, 2011 - 10:02

What I don't get is why Harper is running again. According to Parliamentary law, being found guilty of contempt of Government means he's barred from running again. Have a look at this article, and it might shed some like on it. http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=1980 Methinks I need to pull a page from the Mackenzies..."We're gettin' hosed!"

• Red
    March 31, 2011 - 09:39

• Keith
    March 31, 2011 - 09:36

They are coming out of the woodwork like ants trying to feed off the public purse again. A number of these people had plum appointments given to them when they left politics and I guess they have enough time put into their new positions to collect some sort of pension, so they can now come back to politics again. Fair weather politicians. I guess we will even see Ed Byrne show his face again. None of them are to be trusted to do good for anyone but themselves and their cronies

• Scott Free
    March 31, 2011 - 09:32

What is truly sad and pathetic here is the spineless jellyfish provincial cabinet ministers and the dyed in the wool Tories who are coming out now to support re-treads now that King Danny is out of the picture. The sheep couldn't think for themselves last time around and had to follow the dictator's directive to stay home. I don't want any of those ministers of the clown making any decisions for me whatsoever; we have an opportunity to toss them all out this year; let's do it. That goes for Federal and Provincial elections; let's have a new ABC: Anybody But Current...and no recycled deadwood please.

• james
    March 31, 2011 - 09:24

people are confused they have no one to tell them how to vote, o danny boy where are you, o my what to do

• anything but harper
    March 31, 2011 - 08:53

my sentiments exactly chantal. how anyone could look at his expression and know the things he has done against atlantic canada and still vote for him is beyond me. id rather vote for bart simpson

• David
    March 31, 2011 - 08:41

The conservatives will definitely win one seat in NL, perhaps two with some luck, but that would be about it. NL has historically voted Liberal in federal elections and I don't see that changing this time around.

• Chantal
    March 31, 2011 - 07:59

I didn't need Danny to tell me not to vote Conservative any more than I needed him to tell me not to put my tongue in a light socket. The only difference this time around is that we KNOW the levels Harper will sink to to retain his grip on power as well as his contempt for the Canadian public. You would have to be pretty high on tar sand fumes to even give this wesal a second glance.

• Politically Incorrect
    March 31, 2011 - 07:46

The Conservatives didn’t lose their seats because of Williams, they lost them because Newfoundlanders knew that it is not in our interests to elect the Reform Party Lite. This isn’t the Conservative Party of Joe Clark or Robert Stanfield, this is closer to the Republican party of George Bush and Sarah Palin. Personally, I’m not surprised that former Progressive Conservatives are hesitant to associate themselves with this crowd. Those that have are either hard-core right-wingers or opportunists who will just rot away in the back benches while Harper goes ahead with tax cuts to the wealthy and cut backs for the rest of us.

• Laura
    March 31, 2011 - 07:00

Seems like Canadians especially Newfoundlanders have a short memory. They also thrive on crockedness. Harper and his gov. and some of the provincial members are, should I say not so straight. (all parties) yet they are eager to get them around us. No wonder Danny left, He didn't have a lot of intelegance around him. Canada is becomming more like the USA every day. If we get more like them we will be sorry.