Comments

Comments

• Kathleen Hogan
    June 13, 2013 - 12:16

.......... please let me know via email, how I could make a donation if I can't visit....thanks much.......we used to have a Newfoundland Pony named Madge, when I was a young gal...:D she use to loveeeee molasses bread, and would come to the door for it.....a wonderful memory , it is......and I am so very happy to know that this place in Change Islands is doing such a wonderful work in preservation of these every beautiful Newfie Pony....all the blessings to you.....

• Byron Hierlihy
    June 09, 2013 - 10:40

Fantastic article on these beautiful and rare ponies. I know how much it cost to keep and care for these ponies as I own two of them mysel fand hope to have a new addition next spring.. It is nice to see some peolple dedicated to the actual care and rejuvenation of the breed and not for their own selfish purposes. I for one will be visiting and supporting Ms. Ledrew and her team in their efforts to improve facilities etc. for OUR NEWFOUNDLAND PONIES. Will visit soon. Regards

• Carolyn R Parsons
      June 10, 2013 - 08:20

Thank you for all of your support. You may email the pony sanctuary and Netta directly at newfoundlandponyrefuge@hotmail.com. I visited with Netta and the ponies this past weekend. Some good things are happening as a result of all of your support. Thank you

• Debra
    June 05, 2013 - 20:38

I wonder if Ms. LeDrew ever considered setting up a program where sponsors and private citizens could 'adopt' or partially 'adopt' a pony. I know it might sound crazy at first consideration but it would be something like people who sponsor children through World Vision overseas. I would love something like that. Newfoundland ponies are a great part of our hertiage as Newfoundlanders and I feel it is wonderful what Ms. LeDrew is doing and is very important to maintain. Could you also let me know how I could make a donation? Thank you.

• Kathleen Hogan
      June 13, 2013 - 12:11

wow!! a good idea Debra!!..:D

• Dr John Mac Pherson
    June 05, 2013 - 13:56

I am moved by your story and would love to help in some way.I live in Halifax, Nov Scotia and wil certain make it a prior to visit at a later date.If I can make a financial donation please e-mail how to proceed.Thinking of the ponies Fondly John

• David McConkey
      June 25, 2013 - 04:54

Hi John. Great to see your intent to support the ponies here on Change Islands. Did someone get back to you on how to make a donation? Do visit us on Change Islands when you get a chance. David McConkey