Comments

Comments

• Melinda Pinsent
    July 04, 2013 - 16:31

I have 5 chickens as well and I have no problems at all. I live in a town in NL . It's no different than having dogs,cats,ferrets. As long as there's no rooster and we keep it to small numbers,it's works great on a regular size lot. More and more towns and cities are allowing it. There is a right way to do it. Hopefully, Stephenville will get on board. Good luck!

• B Kendall
    July 03, 2013 - 09:53

With all that's going wrong in the world today, it's rather foolish that Stephenville City Council, harass someone over keeping chickens. Is this where tax dollars go?

• John
    June 27, 2013 - 08:38

It's like my elderly neighbor said, people today complain because the wind is blowing..

• Elaine
    June 26, 2013 - 23:42

Wow.. 3 complaints vs 60 that have no issues with the chickens. Fight the town on this one Ms. Ryan..

• Robert S Kirby
    June 24, 2013 - 10:35

I don't agree with the municipality on this one; very much going in the wrong direction! How can we in one moment be all for going green and then slam the door on simple projects that do so. Being self sufficient is a simple approach! It was not that long ago that drying clothes outside was considered "not the thing to do"; there were/are bylaws made to stop it and now it is a very good thing to do! Seems to me far to many rural communities are doing their best to make sure they have no reason to exist! Why not bring in some basic rules for how "livestock" could be acceptable instead of just saying no! Yet another good example of how gov'ts at all levels no longer represent the people who elected them.

• Al
    June 24, 2013 - 10:15

Chickens are the problem? How about those god awful old tires with plants in them!

• alice
    June 24, 2013 - 10:12

how small mines do people have the lady should kept her hens some people just want to allways cause trouble hens were her befor you has long has its kept clean

• Don
    June 24, 2013 - 09:53

Take the council on Tatum, don't "chicken" out.

• Denise
      June 24, 2013 - 14:02

I see nothing wrong with Chickens in a pen. I have seen horses tied up dozens of times on private land within the town....no trouble to find their trail. Just walk up Hansen Highway some days and you find yourself stepping over their droppings.....I don't mind....Reminds me of a simpler time.

• Leanne
      July 26, 2014 - 11:42

Chickens are for farms, today's day and age what would you gain by having chickens? Then the Roosters, how fair is it to anyone to have these things making noise all hours of the morning. The rats and all the other varmints they attract. If I can't mow my lawn until a decent hour what give your Roosters the right to make annoying noises? GET RID OF ALL LIVE STOCK it's not farming country.