Comments

Comments

• aubrey smith
    November 02, 2011 - 09:19

To TR & Ag What astounds me is that those two commentators have taken this satirical approach as the literal truth .Get a sense of humor boys or better yet an education .The writer has written to entertain you .His source is his imagination ,not some deep throat character from Watergate . In retrospect though ,I believe TR & Ag would mak excellent leaders in the top echelons of education ( Minister of education, District Supers, etc. They have all the qualifications satrting with no imagination & no sense of humor .yet one cavet -if oyu two commentator are below age two ,I apologize to you right now.

• TR
    October 30, 2011 - 22:06

Wakeham has 30 years experience and he gets a secret memo on the understanding the name is not to be revealed. So Wakeham gives the name of the school, in a small community. Remind me not to send anything to him.

• Laurie
    October 30, 2011 - 16:57

This directive from the Eastern School Board is just the latest in a series of stupendously inane policy decisions that have become the norm from the powers that be in government. It seems to be happening within all levels of government all over the western world. Makes me wonder what's REALLY going on behind the scenes. What's the objective behind it all?

• AG
    October 30, 2011 - 14:15

Congratulations on specifying the teachers town and that that the teacher is a male. English Harbour West is not exactly a highly populated area.

• TR
    October 30, 2011 - 10:00

Wakeham has 30 years experience. Has he learned anything? He gets info from a source on the condition his name is not revealed but Wakeham says he is in English Harbour West. How many teachers could there possibly be in English Harbour West? If they don't know the source, now they are all looking at each other "Who told?" Stupid Stupid Stupid. Remind me to never send anything to Wakeham.

• willy
    October 29, 2011 - 11:35

I love it, I love it !!!!!

• a nameless teacher
      October 29, 2011 - 17:09

Fantastic comments sir! It seems funny to read but to all of you readers who have not been in a classroom for 20-30 years this is not all too far from reality now! Who better to ask about the education system then a distinguished member of our schoolboard or Department of Education who has spent a year or so in the classroom then set out to make policies for the rest of us. Usually these great policy makers are between 25 -30 with hyphenated names! Please do not ask seasoned teachers about the education system or firshermen about the fisheries! That would be wrong! One time parents were mad with their children for the bad marks they brought home, now the parents blame the teachers! I guess the powers to be know more than the other thousands of teachers out there!

• speedy
      October 29, 2011 - 20:14

Thanks for telling it like it is, hope someone listens.

• Jeff
      October 30, 2011 - 11:51

I love it!! Hit it right on the head!! The dept of education should have some heads rolling for this. They were a disgrace before this, but this goes beyond comprehension.