Comments

Comments

• winnipeger
    September 24, 2012 - 08:33

typical buisness man. i make a good wage in winnipeg and i be dame if i will pay to watch a player who whines about making $64.000 a game and wants more. prices are too high to suppot this team, fans have taken out loans, purchased tickets using credit cards, and so on. winnipeg can't afford the jets. the only reason they are there is because the socialist NDP government who have very little respect for taxpayers money.

• FrankNL
    September 22, 2012 - 14:48

How many other 25 year olds from St.John's currently making $800,000? Union man? He's waiting to go overseas to take another player's job. Solidarity, bro. No sympathy whatsoever.

• a business man
      September 23, 2012 - 13:04

His income has nothing to so with other 25 years olds from st. john's. He has a specialized skill/talent that is valued in the marketplace. To skills are so valuable that he can take them Overseas and replace someone of lesser skill/talent. Solidarity to those who are not your family is for suckers. I commend him for being talented/skilled enough to be able to show up in a Foreign Country and take someone's else's job. He has the right to do what he wants, so kudos to him

• winnipeger
    September 22, 2012 - 13:34

one word sums the lockout: GREED, players/owners say it all about the fan, i say BALONEY, its all about GREED. here in winninpeg the 15.001 mts centre is too small to support the jets. ticket prices are way too high, food/beverage prices gone through the roof, then parking, and other prices for jet clothing way too high. a player making $64.000 a game wants more, something wrong with that picture. a family of 4 in the province making a fair wage can't afford to go to these games. i for one have cut my jets channel and will boycott. i call on all fans to send these GREEDY owners/players a meassage and boycott future NHL games.

• a business man
      September 23, 2012 - 13:21

I think ticket prices in the NHL, including at the MTS Center in Winnipeg are too low and should be increased. I feel the same way about parking and concession items. The players have a specialized skills and are in-demand in the market place, and the owners invest their money and time to bring us the NHL. They both should be handsomely rewarded. IF the family of 4 making a fair wage cannot afford to go to the game, well too bad...the parents should be making more money and should have gone to school to get educated and earned a better job. I am not concerned with the family of 4 who cannot afford to go. That is not my family. MY family can afford to go. We regularly watch games when we travel to Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver for my business. We have not gone to the Winnipeg yet and were planning to go this year. I can tell you for a fact that no matter what they players earn or the league charges, I will gladly pay for it because I love the game. I respect the skills the players have, and the risks that the owners take. So I support the players wanting to make more than $64K per game, and I support the owners trying to get more money. I suggest that the league raise its prices dramatically so that it can pay the player what they want and allow the owners to get more money. Sure, some people will no longer be able to afford to go to the game, but that is okay. There will always be other people who can afford it and who will buy the tickets. At the end if the day, it really doesn't matter WHO actually can afford to go to the game. The NHL is a business, and as long as someone, anyone, pays for the seat, then all is good. A society must rewards it best, skilled and talents participants. They are much more valuable than unskilled uneducated workers and deserve better treatment. That is why I announce the offshoring of the jobs of and also announce an extravagant expensive team building trip for my management team. At the end of the day, some people are just more important than others. That is why you have a professional athlete making $64K per game while a family of four cannot afford to go. It is the market rewarding those who are actually valuable. It is say, but it IS the truth.

• Paul
    September 22, 2012 - 12:40

Oh! The poor hockey players. However will they make a living?

• PR
    September 22, 2012 - 09:00

Would be nice to have details. He says the system is not working. What is wrong with it?? Hard to sympathize with somebody making 800,000. I don't believe any player is going paycheck to paycheck. If they are, now there is something wrong.