Comments

Comments

• nba
    October 28, 2012 - 09:31

Bob Wakeham and his dog Tandy should know whether it be Peter, Fabian or whoever was NL Conservative MP for the best interest of NL in a Harper Government they would have to adapt the philosophy "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Bob and dog let's not forget Harper is the enemy!

• Eli
    October 27, 2012 - 20:02

David, you ever hear of Harper's minister Tony Clement? Now tell me again this is the most efficient, effective & least corrupt government in the last 3 decades. Then, there's the Atlantic Accord. One of us is on the wrong planet my good man.

• Anna
    October 27, 2012 - 17:03

Bob, yours is the first column I look to read on Saturdays as I enjoy your wit and your no nonsense tell it like it attitude. Please though, no more references to dead rabbits, some of us don't need or want to know about your hunting days. Penanshue will be like Bev Oda one of these days, getting his marching orders to resign for family reasons. I am just hoping it will be sooner than later.

• rok
    October 27, 2012 - 16:30

My good man, unless the sheriff comes knocking there's no way a polititian will resign his overly high paycheck.

• Winston Adams
    October 27, 2012 - 09:36

Strange, I dreamed about Harper last night. Not a good sign. I dreamed we were in conversation, like buddies. Understand now , I don't like Harper. He was telling me that he had come into a significant inheritance, from his mother's estate, but that she had set it up so that he couldn't get it until he was 50. He figured his mother was wise in this. Wouldn't many of a younger age squander the money? He felt this was prudent. I seldom remember dreams, and seems I had other thought of Harper, between moments of sleep and a little awake. There was Harper, playing his panio and singing a John Lennon song. Now I much loved John Lennon's music, and his wish for peace, not war. So, I'm thinking- Harper can't be all bad, after all, he likes Lennon. And there was Harper, in other dream snippit, saying no the the sale of Alberta oil companies to foreign countries. And saying that drilling in the Artic is ok. And maybe yes , maybe no on the Muskrat guarantee. Not really a nightmare, but surely there is better things to dream. Now they say dreams is a way one's mind tries to reconcile things. And in the end I figured I had Harper figured out. He's all about financial discipline. The economy -stupid. And is he not the darling of the world - giving Canada a strong economy in a world in tormoil. Fast track environmental reviews? No problem. Gut environmental laws? Done. Afraid that voters will say this is too much? Not at all. Turn a blind eye to improper actions by his Ministers? Of course. Knows that the majority will concur, since they're better off ? Certainly. So there it was. Harper analysized and understood. And somewhere in those snippits were the thoughts about indiffernce. That indifference was worse than anger, and worse than hatred, as those things can cause a response, often a useful response. But indifference is no response. I had read that on a local website, just before bedtime last night. So that thought was there too to reconcile. And I felt I understood it. And that is why Harper remains in power, though not popular. Indifference. Indifference describes the mass. Everyone , almost , is indifferent. And that's how my mind works. When dealing with dreams anyway.

• david
      October 27, 2012 - 12:04

It's sad really...the word "Harper hasd been co-opted by the Liberals and their briandead zombie cult, the media, and the small-minded diaspora, as a slur. Why? Simply becasue it precludes having to say anytihng fact-based or substantive to get a chuckle from the equally stunned. The record shows that his has been one of the most effective, efficient, and least corrupt federal governments in the past 3 decades, at least. And we entirely inconsequential lot here in Newfoundland are particularly POed, simply because Danny instructed us to be......sad, pathetic and costly. It is simply a "mistake" of democracy that he wins, a terrible and dsmaning indictment of the electoral system....that previously went totally undetected, lo these past hundred years. For gawd sakes, grow up.