Comments

Comments

• James G. Learning
    February 12, 2013 - 12:32

"I say let them Natives finish off the herd".....Stupid remark, there are several Aboriginal grous in Labrador. We don't all agree the killing should go on, no matter what. Conservation is and will be an issue we all need to address. The Government has to do its part by measuring the effects of industrialization. The other Aboriginal groups will not stand by and just watch.

• James G Learning
    February 12, 2013 - 12:20

The loss of habitat through industry has to be looked at. We have to know the effects of this, it is unbelieveable this has not been done, or if it has, the general public needs to see this.

• Aunt Lizzie
    February 10, 2013 - 14:44

If the Innu really cared about the survival of the caribou, they would stop killing them. And if they really cared about their own traditions, they would hunt without using firearms and skidoos.

• Wejitu
    February 10, 2013 - 08:23

Who are you and what have you done with Michael Johansen?

• mfj
      February 13, 2013 - 10:01

I am who I've always been.....and what I do to myself is private, but I am wondering if Mr. Jeddore will elaborate......I can take constructive criticism.

• Wejitu
    February 10, 2013 - 07:58

Who are you and what have you done with Michael Johansen?

• Winston Adams
    February 09, 2013 - 13:19

I hope Randy Simms reads your item. it shows the concern of the Innu on the state of the herd, and lack of government action to determine the cause of the decline of the caribou. Lots of dead caribou. Was there no investigation of cause of death, whether from starvation, toxins, bears or bullits? The Idle no More Movement promotes an important link between aboriginals and mother earth. And the Innu and Inuit and Metis have strong links to this relationship for respect for the environment. In this, our industrial society has alot to learn. But many see the danger of ignoring this, and doing little science, or ignoring science that points our dangers. Many support aboriginals, as it effects all of society, and the whole planet. Our own well being is tied to caribou. We should all be on side with that. And the Innu, with our help, must lead. As they have priority rights for the caribou, so too they have the most to lose. The healthy respect that the Innu elders had for the caribou needs to be guarded by the present generation.

• retiredoutportguy
    February 09, 2013 - 11:02

I say let them (natives) Go ahead & finish off the herd & that will be the end of it Problem solved. that herd does not benifit any other group???