Comments

Comments

• Rob
    April 16, 2013 - 01:41

Yep! We all need to join fair vote Canada and get this system fixed. I agree with Michael... I feel I don't really have anyone to vote for. Perhaps the Green Party SHOULD run a candidate. It certainly wouldn't do any more harm, and it would give ME someone to vote for! So much for cooperation.... Joyce Murray lost the Liberal nomination too and that speaks volumes for how Federal Politics will "continue" to be corrupt because our system can still put a person in power who gets 33 1/3 percent of the vote. In my view these Politicians have only one thing on their minds and it isn't us, the citizens of this Province or this Country. Feel like burying myself deeper in the woods!

• Arthur Cramer
    March 30, 2013 - 17:10

Cyril, you wrote: "Mulcair is showing no real leadership and has, in my opinion, not offered any credible alternative to Harper. ": Yep, that's your opinion all right.

• Political Watcher
    March 30, 2013 - 13:01

If Penashue wins I will be the first to remind any Librarian who complains about the lack of support from the feds. They have already seen the lack of representation they will get.

• Political Watcher
    March 30, 2013 - 13:00

• Cyril Rogers
    March 30, 2013 - 11:41

Yvonne's flip-flop on Muskrat Falls has soured me on a politician that I grew to respect for standing up to the bully in the HOA, one Danny Williams. She has discredited herself in many ways by aligning herself with the St. John's establishment and by merely using Muskrat "benefits" for her constituency, knowing full well that it was a terrible deal for the province as a whole. As a voter, I have always expected the elected members to vote for the good of the province, taking all sides into consideration, but Yvonne sold herself by looking for local benefits. I don't argue the need for some better way to deliver power to her district but Muskrat Falls is not it. That leaves the people of Labrador with a very poor set of options! Penashue has already proven his incompetence and corruption! Borlase has no standling and will just be another NDP rookie, if elected. Besides, Mulcair is showing no real leadership and has, in my opinion, not offered any credible alternative to Harper. The thought of the Cons winning again is distasteful but, as you point out, Michael, the system is designed to elect incompetents. Just one more of the reasons we badly need electoral reform.

• Maurice E. Adams
    March 30, 2013 - 07:31

Don't see how you can say that Yvonne Jones has an honest position on Muskrat Falls, when she was one of the very earliest to come out questioning and opposing the project --- not only as a project that is not in the best interest of Labradorians but not in the best of the province as a whole......... Where is the integrity, where is the candidate that is truly putting the best interest of Labradorians (and the province) first?............... The "party" is first ------------- for all three.

• Corporate Psycho
    March 30, 2013 - 07:19

If Penashue gets in again it will be a slap in the face to the Winters family.