Comments

Comments

• Ted
    April 18, 2013 - 08:46

Yeah Russ, no one pays attention to Facebook... http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2013-04-17/article-3221640/Gerry-Rogers-thrown-out-of-House/1

• Danny
    April 10, 2013 - 00:54

I asked the lady I work with why she is checking her phone..she said "Oh just checking facebook" but 30 or 40 times a day? Strange bizzare culture ...We were @ dinner & I said " If you can get through dinner without checking Facebook dinner is on me.If you check you pay." She was up for it. Hee hee..I will be asking her to try it again.I love free dinner :)

• Shane Mccourt
    April 09, 2013 - 23:08

I disagree with mr. Wangersky's take on things with regard to Social media. First of all he seems to know a lot of details about what has appeared on Facebook. This kind of shoots down his arguement that NO ONE will see it except your close Friends. Who Cares if Dunderdale see's it or not, she gave up using Social media as soon as she found out she Couldn't control the flow of info. Check her Twitter & Facebook account, gone Dead a year ago. Holding Signs in a Parking lot is useless unless Cameras are Rolling to Show it to an Audience. Mr Wangersky should understand this more than anyone since this is how he makes his living. If used correctly you can reach an Audience with Facebook & Twitter that is impossible for any Local Newspaper or TV News program to reach. Perhaps mr Wangersky believes that Dunderdale listens to or reads most of what he has to say. I think this would be a false belief. Criticism of a medium that can reach millions by someone who works for a medium that reaches only thousands is just too hard to listen to without replying.

• Pierre Neary
    April 09, 2013 - 16:30

Agreed.

• Ken Collis
    April 09, 2013 - 09:39

Russell, there is a little comfort in knowing that others share how you feel just the same. The few facebook friends I have, I'm very picky, aren't exactly like me, especally in the way I think. Politically I have friends from all parties. Still, you have a good point, and you probably aren't a tool, even if you don't want to be my friend.

• George Murray
    April 09, 2013 - 09:26

Great article. I wrote this one (below) back in 2003, before things like Facebook, Twitter, and the concept of the "meme". It was about "instant activism" back in the day of the forward button. Time to storm the castle. http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CF0QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaisonneuve.org%2Farticle%2F2003%2F03%2F1%2Fget-your-forward%2F&ei=PxVkUYzJDo7D4AOPhIHAAg&usg=AFQjCNE7G-Uoxb_L-iVcLlIvcYiHqCxNtQ&sig2=rEgp_arqbHxZdd_goNWdEA

• Jake Allderdice
      April 10, 2013 - 21:12

George Murray's piece is well worth reading--wish it were formatted to "click" on--here it is again: http://maisonneuve.org/article/2003/03/1/get-your-forward/

• Herb Morrison
    April 09, 2013 - 08:15

Well Said. Mr. Wangersky.

• Ed Power