Comments

Comments

• Frank Tock
    April 21, 2013 - 14:57

Mr. Phelan, you cannot "boost" charisma. You either have it, or you don't.

• Skeptical Cynic
    April 21, 2013 - 09:47

I, and I suspect many other NLers, lost all respect for Dunderdale during the Burton Winters saga. The “leadership” demonstrated by Dunderdale during that time... when the Winters family and indeed the people of Labrador needed leadership the most... was abysmal to say the least. To top that off, along comes the Dunderdale Regime’s version of the Official Secrets Act, Bill 29, and this while the constituency spending allowance scandal was still fresh in the minds of NLers. I interpreted that as a wanton disregard for the principle of transparent and accountable governance, so that was the last straw for me, and probably many others as well. It became painfully obvious that Dunderdale and her handlers were way out of their depth. So here we are... if this individual stays on as her party’s leader, the Tories will be lucky to get in with a minority come the next election.

• willy
    April 20, 2013 - 09:00

It's getting to the point now that I can't wait for the next news broadcast to find out what blunder the Dunderdale govt has committed.

• ceyoung
    April 19, 2013 - 15:25

Bullying comes in many different forms, I think referring to someone as to; a) "comes from the wrong side of the tracks" or b) "fitting wheels on a tomato". The funniest thing is that you probably brag about your comments to other people and think its all right. There sure are some class acts around. Have a nice day. :)

Stephen D Redgrave
    April 19, 2013 - 10:59

Kathy Dunderdale is without question, a great person, kind, loving and caring for Newfoundland as an individual, but events of the past 30 days has shown us all that "The waters around Newfoundland are going to get pretty rough" . This quote (not verbatim) was the eye opener for me. It's not a matter of gender as I have great faith in in the empowerment of women in our society, Kathy truly does not belong in a position of authority. She appears to get flustered and easily intimidated, responding to mild conflicts in a savage, misrepresenting manner not consistent with good leadership. We don't need a Premier who acts like a teenager from the wrong side of the tracks. Hands down.........she's out!

• Chantal
    April 19, 2013 - 07:36

Boosting Dunderdale's charisma would be like fitting wheels to a tomato: time-consuming and completely useless.