Comments

Comments

• Wanda White
    June 11, 2013 - 21:33

A BUSINESS MAN - June 9, 2013 at 10:53:39 And you sir, may gloat all you like but there's two sides to every coin and someday your coin WILL MAKE A SUDDEN DOWNTURN! And when it does, I, along with the rest of this great province will be there as YOU SQUIRM. The party that lifted your greedy backside to prosperity will soon be getting the shaft along with its' Corporate cronies! Have a nice day now!

• Cyril Rogers
    June 07, 2013 - 14:04

Cuts may be needed but there are, as usual, being made in the trenches and all the wrong places, like Gander, Grand Falls and Corner Brook, as they lose their school boards, for example. The oil will continue to flow for a long period of time but the problem is that this spendthrift government is spending our future away on shoring up their own popularity.....although that is obviously throwing good money after bad at the moment. It is disgusting that we have such inept people in charge of a fiscal situation that has never been better....only to see it all frittered away.

• Corporate Psycho
    June 07, 2013 - 10:45

Dunerdaleand company have mismanaged us back to "have not".

• a business man
      June 09, 2013 - 09:23

Honestly, I am okay with the government making us a "have not" province again because my wealth increased in the process. I am not interested in the best interests of the pepole in the province, I am interested in my best interests. I am not interested in voting for the best government for the province, I am interested in voting in the best government for me. No matter what happens with MF, I have made lots of extra money under this governmnet, so I therefore will support this government no matter what the it does.

• Christopher Chafe
    June 07, 2013 - 09:24

Yet under the leadership of Ralph Klein Alberta became the richest province in Canada who by the way was a Tory!

• Chantal
      June 07, 2013 - 10:42

...and the oil had nothing to do with it...

• Foghorn Leghorn
    June 07, 2013 - 08:51

It is hard to sympathize with Alberta, they have no provincial sales tax and the lowest provincial income tax rates in Canada. Just imagine having to actually bite the bullet and pay sales tax like the rest of the country!

• Full Time Nan Wanted
    June 07, 2013 - 08:39

Well said. Hard times are tory times, and this is the proof. Looking at how Muskrat falls is going, if I was a tory I wouldn't want to believe it either. Once they get in there they certainly don't represent the people who put them there. The funniest thing I see is that people who support Premier Dunderdale and not harper are the biggest hypocrites and do more damage to NL than good.