Comments

Comments

Stephen Redgrave
    June 13, 2013 - 08:46

The new generations have been born into a world of electronic monitoring. To them it is normal and the only world they know. It is the older generations that see clearly what governments around the world are up to (the one's paying attention at least). We watched as the government passed a bill in the USA with Canada following behind mandating digital only television. Any Neurologist who is up to speed on theta and delta wave pulses can tell you why this was done. I have been aware of the fact that no word or electronic searches are confidential--they are absolutely not and I govern my use accordingly for this reason. On occasion I will search "how to assemble a thermonuclear bomb in my kitchen" just to keep the prying eyes busy. I can barely make toast without burning it and setting off my smoke detector and would never entertain the building of any weapons. Any web search that includes the word's "Bomb' automatically get re-directed to homeland security in all modern countries. If we all searched on Bing or Google "how to make a bomb" at the same time, the government would be overwhelmed with investigations and unwarranted fear of a terror attack. Thus far in my life I have found the most feared terrorists are the governments that lead us. They instill fear in the masses and meet all the criteria as written in respected dictionary descriptions of the word terrorist. I've never been afraid of Islamic extremists, but I have been terrorized by the CCRA on many occasions along with other law abiding Canadians.

• Just Sayin
    June 12, 2013 - 15:16

And Eli, and Russell, what ever happened to the David Day report?

• Eli
    June 11, 2013 - 15:10

Comparing our Senate disgrace and the NSA revelations in the USA, Rex Murphy labelled what's going on to our south "scandal". We're not far behind, if in fact we are.

• Wild Rose
    June 11, 2013 - 11:54

I have nothing to hide, so do what you need to keep this land protected. If you have nothing to hide, why appose it?

• King Me
      June 11, 2013 - 12:02

So why do you post under a false name, then? Wild Rose?

• Cyril Rogers
    June 11, 2013 - 11:28

Mr. Wangersky, I wonder how many "blue" files are hidden away within the confines of Confederation Hill, including people like you and minor critics like me. I choose to use my name because I am sick and tired of mindless minions who spout venom with no fear of personal disclosure. We do live in a democracy....don't we??? Should I not then be free to be a critical as I wish, as long as I don't defame any person. However, if I do that, then I should have the courage to sign my own name to the comment. If any person who makes comments on this forum feels fearful of repercussions.....then we have a huge problem. Let's not allow the government or any other group to tell us what to say or think. If we do, democracy will die in short order.

• Ed Power
    June 11, 2013 - 11:13

"Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious." (George Orwell, 1984) We owe Mr. Snowden our thanks.