Comments

Comments

• mainlander
    August 20, 2013 - 08:02

I think the point was that Pepsi is cheaper than milk, so people buy what they can afford, even if there is no nutritional value to Pepsi. Healthy food should be more affordable. The price of milk in Nfld is ridiculous. I pay $5.99 for 3.78L of ORGANIC milk where I live. Why is organic milk here much cheaper than conventional milk in Nfld? The price there is outrageous. Make no wonder parents buy sugary drinks - it's more affordable.

• too funny
      August 20, 2013 - 10:23

And water is free.

• david
      August 20, 2013 - 15:44

Forget it.....the 1970's 'Pepsi Generation' is obviously more of a 'Pepsi Eternity' here. So thank goodness for free health care...we're gluttons for that, too.

• Sherry
    August 20, 2013 - 06:58

Pathetic...that is the only word I can use to describe my feelings on the cost of milk!!!! Yes, it is cheaper to buy junk food than healthy foods-then we wonder why the obesity rates are soaring!! Go figure!

• Yee haw
    August 20, 2013 - 00:24

Looky there, David is still proudly displaying his ignorance. Yes sir, the boy has no idea how milk or Pepsi is made. You don't need any reinforcement, just a mirror.

• Anon
    August 19, 2013 - 17:07

lots of corporate tax cuts, but no milk subsidies. What difference does it make what the nutritional value is if you can't afford it anyway.

• david
    August 19, 2013 - 09:28

2L Pepsi: $1.59 ( $1 on sale) ; 2L Milk: $4.65. No need for the nutritional analysis of milk, Amanda....a moooooot point, thanks to our benevolent government. You know, the same ones in charge of adequately funding universal health care so we can handle the silent epidemic childhood diabetes...those guys.

• Eli
      August 19, 2013 - 12:14

If I said it once i've said it a hundred times...that damned Milk Marketing Board and it's bloated management. Get rid of it!

• yee haw
      August 19, 2013 - 13:40

Comparing Pepsi to milk, a fine display of ignorance.

• david
      August 19, 2013 - 14:21

Yee Haw: Thanks for the reinforcement of my opinion of the average Newfoundlander's intelligence and comprehension skills. Well done.

• Jackson II
      August 19, 2013 - 19:17

YeeHaw and David. I thing he was referring to the cost, not the benefits. Actually I'm sure of it!