Comments

Comments

• Elizabeth
    July 02, 2010 - 13:34

I agree with everything; early on I heard that Harper is dangerous , and now I understand why. I disliked him instinctively, and certainly didn't vote for him (I live in Cgy SW), but I didn't begin to find out all the details until Stephane Dion did the country a second huge service by forming a coalition, and driving Harper out into the open.

As for the Liberals - they've got to wait for the right time. Doing what's right for Liberals is doing what's right for us. I don't want Ignatieff to end up with a minority, I want a massive landslide. I'm hoping he gets more seats than Mulroney did, but a majority will be fine.

Ignatieff strikes me as the type of leader who will do what he has to do to win, hopefully, but not the type of person to break promises. I'm not worried about him at all; I'm only worried that he won't completely and finally extinguish the ReformaTories.

• Eugene
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Well, Lana, you've obviously raised the dander on the semi-literate Andrea. Astute observation, except for the sympathy you wish to evoke for auto workers. If auto workers were leading by example they wouldn't shop at Walmart and would be actively seeking to unionize all workers. While I don't deny unionized workers all that they can get for themselves, when that money is coming from my tax dollars it does have a tendency to stick in my craw...having an agreement with GM, which has shown its extremely poor fiscal management skills, isn't reason enough for the public to applaud, based on what we're seeing out of the big 3...they'll do anything they can to speed to process of pocketing public dollars. Equitable distribution of wealth is what I (we all?) want, what we've seen from grossly overpaid auto types (from the assembly line to the board room) is trickle-down, scraps from our table economics, and that's just not equitable.

• Andrea
    July 02, 2010 - 13:21

Hopefully your nexr Lana . Go worship your idol Jack NO BRAIN Leader of the Federal NDP. You do have so much in common with him.

• Clarence
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I see you have your lefty darlings in Nfld. too. She sounds a lot like pinko Jack alright.

• Brett
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I agree with your article. When will the rest of this country wake up , maybe when they are the sector being attacked . The auto sector and the C.A.W. have made great gains socially, that have improved the standard of living for all Canadians not just themselves.
    But if people in this country don't start to demand Fair Trade not Free Trade then this situation will continue.
    Hope it doesn't hit you!

• g-man
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

im not one to always agree with the telegram and its columns,but this article couldnt be expressed any better,than the author of this story..i just wish the rest of the country will soon wake up and smell the roses tooo.our PM(harpo) has the eye cue of a green pea.

• Rick
    July 02, 2010 - 13:16

Intresting read Lana, yeah when you really stop and think....... When will it stop? Us Canadians being a passive bunch don't sit up and take notice until it effects us directly, but the facts are the facts. I for one hope no one is next, with 510,000 out of work in just recent months, workers rights being taken away, no accountibility for public funds, and the lack of vision coming from this govenment for our country, what a mess. The unfortunate thing is that non of them use their brains, every elected government in Canada sercum to the yeah us to mentality, dancing at the end of the US puppet strings.

• Barry
    July 02, 2010 - 13:12

g-man that eye cue of a green pea as you call it seems to be up at least a few percentage points above yours.

• Elizabeth