Comments

Comments

• Susan
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

Oh, Peter Jackson. If only you could live up to an ounce of the creative taste which you seem to think you possess. You're sooo... vanilla? Thrown in with a heaping side of whine. If looking at your headshot didn't provide me with such entertainment, I don't even know why I would look twice at your columns. I think I would pay ten cents more for The Telegram if you were no longer a writer.

Obviously, the decision makers with Republic of Doyle know what people want to watch as the ratings are amazing compared to the other new CBC shows this season. If numbers are all that matter, they're winning the arms race to season 2.

Did anyone recommend that you take up watching CBC's Heartland? It's a real family story, pure, innocent, on a ranch and most of all... there's horses! I was just reminded of it as reading your article is a lot like beating a dead horse.

• I. P. Freely
    July 02, 2010 - 13:35

I find documentary programs entertaining. I didn't know they were not ment to entertain, thanks Peter.

• Taxpayer
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

I guess you didn't watch The Trailer Park Boys. I only mention them because they were a popular show while on TV and are still performing on the road. You are apparently not consulted when TV producers decide what the people want to watch.

• Pete
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Aren't columnists supposed to have thicker skins, such as the Doyle characters?

You wrote a good column with good timing with lots of response - good show - time to move on ?

As far as one commentor implying that the next episode would not be shown this week - it appears as it there are many reruns for the next two weeks. Why waste new episodes competing with the Olympics for ratings?

Perhaps a current topic might be how the Olympic coverage is no longer on free (NTV) or semi-free (CBC) TV in NL. They have even suspended Canada AM (on NTV). Both Canadian Mogul athletes and Canadian Cable Moguls are both going for Gold this year?

Strange world - one generation strives to advance from wireless to landlines, the other from landlines to wireless for their entertainment.

• I. P. Freely
    July 01, 2010 - 20:24

• Susan
    July 01, 2010 - 20:24

• Taxpayer
    July 01, 2010 - 19:53

• Pete
    July 01, 2010 - 19:47

Aren't columnists supposed to have thicker skins, such as the Doyle characters?