Comments

Comments

• EyeOnTheSky
    May 05, 2011 - 02:50

I suspect that we won't know the full extent of the damage the New Harper Government will have done until a different party takes power, so well does he hide the things he does! Those low, low taxes he speaks of amount to an 8% reduction since 2005 for the average family, and 40% for his corporate buddies, including those that gouge us every day at the pumps. Motherhood and Apple Pie Jack, and Iggy's campaign managers failed to bring that one to Joe Voter's attention!

• CP
    May 04, 2011 - 14:51

81.09% DID NOT vote for the Liberals 69.34% DID NOT vote for the NDP 94.96% DID NOT vote for the Bloc 97.09% DID NOT vote for the Greens. Looks like the Conservatives DO win!

• Ursula Dowler
    May 04, 2011 - 14:00

Is there something about Harper that the rest of us just aren't getting . The GG had it in spades today as he rushed , hand outstreched towards Harper , greeting him warmly and then wrapping his arm around him and whisking him off . What is it about the island portion of the province and the other 50 odd % of the country , that we can't rejoice in Harper's victory ? Can so many of us be so wrong ? There are some including the media , who are only too quick to tell us that . A+

• Stunned Bunny
    May 04, 2011 - 13:24

Your logic is preceded only by your spelling.

• Anon
    May 04, 2011 - 12:10

less than half of the popular vote somehow got this lunatic a majority government. Something is wrong here. I'm amazed I never puked for the amount of times I heard the word 'coalition' even though the only coalition I saw, was the Progressive Conservative-aliance-rightwing coalition. I hope the middle class realizes that they have just dug their own grave.

• Brian Peter
    May 04, 2011 - 10:10

I love the comment by WOW, it seemed to hit the nail on the head, Personally I hope that Harper turns out to be one of the best prim Ministers ever. I also head Troudoe speak today about leadership, I certainly pray that he never ever becomes a prime minister his farther ruined one of the worlds best economy`s

• Wow
    May 04, 2011 - 08:08

You sound pissed that you didn't get the result you wanted, that's what happens in a democracy. The purpose of elections is to vote for someone not against. If that's what people were doing, probably splitting their votes between Lib and NDP, then no wonder Harper won.