Comments

Comments

• Edward Hyde
    June 14, 2011 - 15:00

Very funny column, it reminds me of some of very best of Ray Guy's satire. You deserve an award Mr. Wakeham for to be so politically incorrect and daring to write sentiments, that many of us lack the talents to so entertainingly articulate. Your column is one of the few reasons I risk the back-breaking-ad-overload of the weekend Telegram. Keep up your rabble rousing, hackle rising, writing ways

• Theresa Corcoran
    June 05, 2011 - 17:53

This is disgusting. Making fun of a human life is awful. This accident could have taken a life. I was wondering, do you write this hideous stuff about all moose accident's. Politic's is Politic's. Thank God, Fabian is doing well and home with his wife and children. As one person commented..It's about time you changed the poison in that pen!

• Derek Hayter
    June 02, 2011 - 11:33

With such dim-witted views on life's realities I shudder to think what Mr. Wakeham would have wrote had Senator Manning been killed. It's about time you changed the poison in that pen.

• Anonymous
    May 31, 2011 - 10:14

Amazing that in the comment section we are not to "post insulting, discriminatory or inappropriate content" yet The telegram themselves will publish material that could, and should, be described as such. Were I to write in here a long winded "joke" about a near-fatal accident Bob was in I'm sure The Telegram would have no problem removing it. It seems writing something about a member of government is different though.

• aubrey smith
    May 30, 2011 - 22:48

Nice try ,Bob, with this satirical piece but it was a bit much to cobble together a disgraced senator,a car accident, an attentive moose , a contrite Manning and an imaginary funereal eulogy for said moose .Satire is a special talent and if there's fire in the belly,it will flow cohesively from your pen in such a manner that your readers will accept your call for reform.Instead, all you have managed is to do is to arouse further sympathy for Manning .May I assume that was not your original intent ? Now we both have a bigger satiric task ahead of us re this Manning fellow, if all those supportive comments for Manning are not all from the Southern Shore .

• Diane
      May 31, 2011 - 10:10

I cannot believe that a person is allowed to write such in a public forum. I look below and it asks us not to use "insulting, discriminatory or inappropriate content" and then I see one of your so-called journalists write this, its truly sickening. No matter what goes on in politics, someone's life is precious.

• Catherine Power
    May 30, 2011 - 04:36

That one can assess, examine and criticize the decisions taken by our government is an integral aspect of our political process and one that I would be the first to defend. Surely though, this writer has lost all sense of perspective when an incident that could have ended in tragic circumstances, and which has caused significant distress to Senator Manning's family and friends is the subject of his satire. As a journalist myself, I am disappointed and ashamed that The Telegram would choose to publish this article.

• hml
    May 29, 2011 - 12:59

This column is despicable, for obvious reasons!

• Carl
    May 29, 2011 - 00:03

To refer to a moose-vehicle collision that caused serious injuries as "fortuitous" and "serendipitous" is frankly the most obscene, hateful, repulsive thing I have seen in the Telegram's pages - even in Mr. Wakeham's pointlessly vicious columns. I say this not because I think Mr. Manning "should be given slack" because he hit a moose, as Mr. Wakeham suggests, but because surely to God we ought to be able to separate a man's politics from his involvement in a very serious crash. Criticize his politics all you want, but making fun of his serious injury is completely classless, and simply wrong.