Comments

Comments

• Turry from town
    August 25, 2011 - 05:32

How many bikes in the run of a day do you see? And how many of them are noisey? I think this is nothing but a photo-op for councillor O'Leary. She should work on something more concerning like how council is going to lower our taxes.I would like to know what O'Leary plans to do, when the bikes are put away for the winter, and all those loud smokey busses and trucks are still on the road?

• rudef
    August 24, 2011 - 22:56

I don't own a bike,but can certainly hear them while driving. anyone who don't is likely driving with a phone to their ear. loud is safe, no matter how you cut it.

• nearmiss
    August 24, 2011 - 22:49

well I don't know about loud mufflers ,but I did hear a bike one day last week ,I certainly would have hit him with my car if I didn't hear him. so I guess it saved a least one guy from getting hurt or maybe even killed. i think there's more out there to complain about than loud mufflers.

• Chief
    August 24, 2011 - 22:40

Maybe If all you bike hating "Winers" would just shut up , it would be much quieter. Maybe you just can't afford a bike and just don't want anyone else to enjoy them. there are much more important things to complain about ,like the roads that us bikers have to drive on. like "Loveit" said, look at me, i'm the loud mouth Idiot that does all the useless complaining. grow up bye......

• Foghorn Leghorn
    August 24, 2011 - 12:15

South Park - You are absolutely correct. Using the excuse that a loud exhaust enhances rider safety has to be the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. What many of these riders also neglect to mention is that they also wear ear plugs to block the sound of their own bikes. How is that for your safety factor .... Simply Priceless!

• LoveIt
    August 24, 2011 - 08:37

Best Comment ever...or close to it. “Why the hell would you put a muffler on a bike to make it louder? Hey! Look at me! I'm an idiot on a loud bike!”

• South Park
    August 24, 2011 - 08:25

There's an episode of South Park that deals with loud bikes, really nails these biker boys. The safety claim of loud exhausts is moronic. Imagine a bike so loud that everyone can hear it but that also means the rider, being closest to the noise, can't hear anything else such as emergency vehicles, screeching car tires, dump trucks, etc. Yep, sounds like a real safety factor to me.

• Chantal
    August 24, 2011 - 06:54

So he thinks bikers are being discriminated against (?!) It's interesting to the *some* in the motorcycle community resort to the same logic as the gun nuts... Maybe their desire for big noise is compensating for...err... other inadequacies.